Fill in the gaps with SO or SUCH :
1. You are___stupid!
2. They are _____ nice girls!
3. I don't usually go to bed ____ late!
4. There are ______many nice dresses.
5. It was ______a nice weather!
6. It's_____hot in here.
7. There was____much traffic, I was not able to arrive on time.
8. I didn't know she was _____young.
9. It was _____a stupid idea!
10. It's_____boring to be in an office the whole day!
11. I think it's _____a demanding task.
12. He's_____an idiot!
13. She wears____nice clothes in my opinion.
14. I don't know why I feel ____ happy!
15. My best friend has_____a big nose!
16. I have_____ many tasks I need to finish by tomorrow.
17. They are_____nice people, aren't they?
18. I was____exhausted I couldn't even sit in front of TV!
19. My grandmother will be_____delighted when she hears the news!
20. They have _____a nice baby!
21. I was _____thrilled to get a good report.
22. My mother was_____amazed how special we made her feel.
23. I think it was_____a happy day!
24. You're_____a happy man!
25. Why are you in _____a rush?
26. Susan has done____foolish things and now she regrets.
27. It was____great food that I didn't want to stop eating.
28. I told you_____many times to quit smoking, but you wouldn't listen.
29. There was _____delicious food I would like to visit the restaurant once again.
30. You are____romantic! I adore you!
SO is used with adjectives and adverbs:
You are so nice.
They are so annoying!
It was so hot that we didn't go.
You say SO MUCH/SO MANY/SO LONG/SO FAR
Drill: Fill in the gaps with whether SO or SUCH. Use only one of them for all gaps:
1. There were____many people we didn't know.
2. It was ____ boring so I didn't stay any longer.
3. Susan was_____tired so I didn't want to bother her.
4. There are____many things to do that I want to try.
5. She was_____exited about the trip she couldn't sleep all night!
6. They are_____kind and nice.
SUCH- before nouns in plural or uncountable nouns:
They are such nice people.
We had such little time to finish all the tasks.
SUCH A- before countable nouns in singular: You're such a nice boy!