Monday 9 December 2013

Phrases with love, hate, can't bear, enjoy


1) Match these phrases to a)-c).

I really love.....
I really hate...
I don't like.......at all
I can't stand.....
I'm really/very/quite interested in....
I think.....is/are all right
....really get(s) on my nerves
I can't bear.....
I enjoy....
I don't mind.....
I'm not very keen on....
I'm really/very/quite keen on.....
........ drive(s) me crazy.
I think....is/are really boring/annoying.
I think.....is/are great/brilliant/wonderful.

a)     phrases to say you like something
b)    phrases to say something is OK
c)     phrases to say you don't like something

Think about how you feel about these things. Choose a different phrase from 1) for each thing.
  • waiting in queues
  • doing the washing-up
  • buying new shoes
  • going on long journeys
  • getting up early
  • watching reality TV

Discuss these questions

  1. Have you got a mobile phone? If so, how important is it to you? If not, why haven't you got one?
  2. What are the good things and bad things about mobile phones? Make two lists.


Which of these things do you do to relax? How often do you do them? What else do you do to relax?


watch TV
go swimming
do yoga
have a massage
paint
go for a run
go out for a drink
meditate

Adjectives:

relaxed
nervous
pleased
embarrassed
annoyed
fed up
disappointed
stressed
calm
upset
scared
satisfied
confused
shocked
glad
frustrated
concerned





Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6 February 2017 at 20:26 , Blogger Nickole Dinardo said...

Interesting information it's.

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home