PRESENT SIMPLE OR CONTINUOUS:
1. Why (you look) __________________________at me like that?
2. We usually go skiing every year, but this year we ( not go) _______________ (anywhere).
3. The earth (go) __________ round the sun.
4. She told me her address, but I (not remember) ______________________it.
5. She________ (prefer) tea to coffee.
6. Paul (not like) ____________________ maths.
7. Normally I get up at 8, but this week I (get up)_________at 7.
8. My sister Sonia (live) __________________ in London.
9. My brother usually (go) __________________ to work by train.
10. Lucy is not in London at the moment. She (stay) _________________ in Paris.
11. Let`s go jogging. It`s (not rain) ______________at the moment
12. I (learn) ___________________ Spanish. My friend is teaching me.
13. How is your father? Is he still ill? No, he (get better)_______________.
14. Do not put the scissors away I____________ (use) them.
15. Can you hear those girls? What (they talk) _______________about?
16. Can you cook? No but I (learn)____________.
17. Are you thirsty? (you want)___________________ something to drink?
18. Ann (look for) _____________________a new job.
19. What ( your parents do) _______________? They are teachers.
20. (you need)______________ a ticket to see your mother play at the theatre?
21. ` Is Colin working this week?` No, he`s on holiday.` ( Colin/work)
22. Jenny is a student at university. Is she? What_____________?(she/study)
23. _____________________ to the radio or can I turn it off? (anybody/listen)
24. How is your English?_________________________________better? (it/get)
25. We can go out now. It ________________( rain) any more.
26. A: How is your new job? B: Not so good at the moment. I_________________( enjoy) it very much.
27. Catherine is on holiday in France. She_____________________(have) a great time.
28. I want to lose weight , so this week week I____________________(eat) lunch.
29. Angela has just started evening class. She_____________________(learn) German.
30. I think Paul and Ann have had an argument. They________________________ (speak) to each other.
31. Julia is very good at languages. She _________(speak) four languages.
32. Hurry up!Everybody ____________________(wait) for you.
33. A:______________________(you/listen) to the radio?B: No, you can turn it off.
34. A:______________________(you/listen) to the radio every day?B: No, just occasionally.
35. The River Nile_______________(flow) very fast today-much faster than usual.
36. We usually ______________( grow) vegetables in our garden but this year we __________(not grow) any.
37. How is your English? B: Not bad.It ____________________(improve) slowly.
38. Ron is in London at the moment. He ____________________(stay) at the Park Hotel. He _____________________ (always/stay) there when he is in London.
39. Can we stop walking soon?I______________(start) to feel tired.
40. A: Can you drive?B: I_____________(learn). My father ____________(teach) me.
41. Normally I________________(finish) work at 5.00, but this week I____________(work) until 6.00 to earn a bit more money.
42. My parents ______________(live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where ______________(your parents/ live)?
43. Sonia _________________(look) for a place to live. She ________________(stay) with her sister until she finds somewhere.
44. Susan ____________(love) her parents.
45. My mother____________(be) a nice person.
46. Tom and Jim___________(go/out) tonight.
47. A: What _______________(your father/do)? B: He is an arhitect but he_________________(not work) at the moment.
48. The train is never late. It ____________(always/leave) on time.
49. Jim is very untidy. He _________________(always/leave) his things all over the place.
50. Jane ________________(not/drink) tea very often.
51. What time__________________(the banks/close) in Britain?
52. A: Where__________________(Martin/come)from? B: He`s Scottish.
53. A: What______________________(you/do)?B: I`m an electrical engineer.
54. It____________________________(take) me an hour to get to work. How long_____________________________(it/take) you?
55. I_____________play the piano but I__________________(not/play) very well.
56. I don`t understand this sentence. What_________________(this word/mean)?