Thursday 24 October 2013

Present Simple or Continuous



PRESENT SIMPLE OR CONTINUOUS:

1.      Why (you look) __________________________at me like that?
2.     We usually go skiing every year, but this year we ( not go) _______________ (anywhere).
3.     The earth (go) __________ round the sun.
4.     She told me her address, but I (not remember) ______________________it.
5.     She________ (prefer) tea to coffee.
6.     Paul (not like) ____________________ maths.
7.     Normally I get up at 8, but this week I (get up)_________at 7.
8.     My sister Sonia (live) __________________ in London.
9.    My brother  usually (go) __________________ to work by train.
10.                         Lucy is not in London at the moment. She (stay) _________________ in Paris.
11.  Let`s go jogging. It`s (not rain) ______________at the moment
12.                         I (learn) ___________________ Spanish. My friend is teaching me.
13.                         How is your father? Is he still ill? No, he (get better)_______________.
14.                         Do not put the scissors away I____________ (use) them.
15.                         Can you hear those girls? What (they talk) _______________about?
16.                         Can you cook? No but I (learn)____________.
17.                         Are you thirsty? (you want)___________________ something to drink?
18.                         Ann (look for) _____________________a new job.
19.                         What ( your  parents do) _______________? They are teachers.
20.                       (you need)______________ a ticket to see your mother play at the theatre?
21.                         ` Is Colin working this week?`  No, he`s on holiday.` ( Colin/work)
22.                       Jenny is a student at university. Is she? What_____________?(she/study)
23.                       _____________________ to the radio or can I turn it off? (anybody/listen)
24.                       How is your English?_________________________________better? (it/get)
25.                       We can go out now. It ________________( rain) any more.
26.                       A:  How is your new job? B: Not so good at the moment. I_________________( enjoy) it very much.
27.                       Catherine is on holiday in France. She_____________________(have) a great time.
28.                       I want to lose weight , so this week week I____________________(eat) lunch.
29.                       Angela has just started evening class. She_____________________(learn) German.
30.                       I think Paul and Ann have had an argument. They________________________ (speak) to each other.
31.                        Julia is very good at languages. She _________(speak) four languages.
32.                      Hurry up!Everybody ____________________(wait) for you.
33.                      A:______________________(you/listen) to the radio?B: No, you can turn it off.
34.                      A:______________________(you/listen) to the radio every day?B: No, just occasionally.
35.                       The River Nile_______________(flow) very fast today-much faster than usual.
36.                      We usually ______________( grow) vegetables in our garden but this year we __________(not grow) any.
37.                      How is your English? B: Not bad.It ____________________(improve) slowly.
38.                       Ron is in London at the moment. He ____________________(stay) at the Park Hotel. He _____________________ (always/stay) there when he is in London.
39.                      Can we stop walking soon?I______________(start) to feel tired.
40.                       A: Can you drive?B: I_____________(learn). My father ____________(teach) me.
41.                        Normally I________________(finish) work at 5.00, but this week I____________(work) until 6.00 to earn a bit more money.
42.                      My parents ______________(live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where ______________(your parents/ live)?
43.                       Sonia _________________(look) for a place to live. She ________________(stay) with her sister until she finds somewhere.
44.                      Susan ____________(love) her parents.
45.                      My mother____________(be) a nice person.
46.                      Tom and Jim___________(go/out) tonight.
47.                      A: What _______________(your father/do)? B: He is an arhitect but he_________________(not work) at the moment.
48.                      The train is never late. It ____________(always/leave) on time.
49.                       Jim is very untidy. He _________________(always/leave) his things all over the place.
50.                      Jane ________________(not/drink) tea very often.
51.                        What time__________________(the banks/close) in Britain?
52.                       A: Where__________________(Martin/come)from? B: He`s Scottish.
53.                       A: What______________________(you/do)?B: I`m an electrical engineer.
54.                       It____________________________(take) me an hour to get to work. How long_____________________________(it/take) you?
55.                       I_____________play the piano but I__________________(not/play) very well.
56.                       I don`t understand this sentence. What_________________(this word/mean)?

                            

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home