Wednesday 20 August 2014

Adjectives ending in -ing and -ed suffixes




Put some or any on the empty gaps: (Sometimes both are possible, depending on how you perceive the situation)


1.         There are____apples in the fridge.
2.         Is there____bank near here? I'm new and still wandering around the city.
3.         There aren't _____oranges left!
4.         Would you like____coffee?
5.         Do you have____clue how to solve this problem?
6.         I have____very interesting books, come and we can read together!
7.         Tony was having ____ problems with his car, so he couldn't drive his child to the school.
8.         She didn't have_____toys left to play with, so I borrowed her_____.
9.         Can I have____salt in my salad, please?
10.       They couldn't buy____roses for the teacher. It was too expensive!
11.        My parents are usually busy, so they don't have____time left for me!
12.       What an interesting story! Do yo have ____ more?
13.       I have_____problems with this computer, what about you?
14.       Do you have____pencil to borrow, I don't have____with me now.
15.       Would you like____juice to drink?
16.       There are____great hot-dogs over there!
17.       I would like to buy____training shoes, but I don't know what to choose.
18.       I think that I can see____guys over there coming towards us!
19.       She is making _____ nice cakes!
20.       Are there_____dishes I can use?
21.       May I take_____handouts for my friends who are not coming on class today?
22.       Are there____pupils outside or everyone is here?
23.       There are____ meals you can try for free!
 
ANY- *in 'real' questions and negatives:
I don't have any friends.
Do you have any friends?
Is there any bank near here?
She can't do any homework herself.

Drill: Exercise 2 (practising with not 'real questions'-questions where you offer something or where you expect the answer 'yes'-it can be done orally since it's a kind of drill)in each sentence use some:

1.         Would you like____tea?
2.         Could you pass me____salt,please?
3.         Would you like____ biscuits?
4.         May I take____ biscuits?
5.         Am I allowed to use
____ materials for free?
6.         Could you tell me if there are____banks nearby?
7.         Can I take_____pencils?
8.         Would you like to eat____ bananas?
9.         Are there____students who are not present?

     Some          - in positive sentences and 'polite' (not real) questions like- 'Would you like some coffee?'

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home