Put some or any on the empty gaps: (Sometimes both are possible, depending on how you perceive the situation)
1. There are____apples in the fridge.
2. Is there____bank near here? I'm new and still wandering around the city.
3. There aren't _____oranges left!
4. Would you like____coffee?
5. Do you have____clue how to solve this problem?
6. I have____very interesting books, come and we can read together!
7. Tony was having ____ problems with his car, so he couldn't drive his child to the school.
8. She didn't have_____toys left to play with, so I borrowed her_____.
9. Can I have____salt in my salad, please?
10. They couldn't buy____roses for the teacher. It was too expensive!
11. My parents are usually busy, so they don't have____time left for me!
12. What an interesting story! Do yo have ____ more?
13. I have_____problems with this computer, what about you?
14. Do you have____pencil to borrow, I don't have____with me now.
15. Would you like____juice to drink?
16. There are____great hot-dogs over there!
17. I would like to buy____training shoes, but I don't know what to choose.
18. I think that I can see____guys over there coming towards us!
19. She is making _____ nice cakes!
20. Are there_____dishes I can use?
21. May I take_____handouts for my friends who are not coming on class today?
22. Are there____pupils outside or everyone is here?
23. There are____ meals you can try for free!
ANY- *in 'real' questions and negatives:
I don't have any friends.
Do you have any friends?
Is there any bank near here?
She can't do any homework herself.
Drill: Exercise 2 (practising with not 'real questions'-questions where you offer something or where you expect the answer 'yes'-it can be done orally since it's a kind of drill)in each sentence use some:
1. Would you like____tea?
2. Could you pass me____salt,please?
3. Would you like____ biscuits?
4. May I take____ biscuits?
5. Am I allowed to use
____ materials for free?
6. Could you tell me if there are____banks nearby?
7. Can I take_____pencils?
8. Would you like to eat____ bananas?
9. Are there____students who are not present?
Some - in positive sentences and 'polite' (not real) questions like- 'Would you like some coffee?'