Monday 9 December 2013

Vocabulary: Giving and responding to advice



Vocabulary: Giving and responding to advice



  1. Do you ever read advice columns in magazines? If so, which ones?

  1. Who do you talk to when you need advice?

  1. Who was the last person you give advice to?
What problem did he/she have? What did you say


Showing concern, giving and responding to advice

 



Write these headings in the correct places a) – c)

giving advice
responding to advice
showing concern





a)........................................
Oh, dear. What's the matter?
I can see why you're upset.
Oh, that's awful!
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
Yes, I see what you mean.
Oh, dear. What a shame.

b)......................................
Have you tried talking to hin about it?
Well, maybe you should talk to hin again.
Why don't you talk to her about it?
I'd take her out for a really nice meal.
Maybe you ought to spend some time together.

c).......................................
Well, it's worth a try, I guess.
I've tried that, but..... .
Yes, that's a good idea.
I might try that.
Yes, you could be right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home